There are countless floating markets throughout the country,many within a couple of hours of the capital.The colorfully clad merchants at these lively markets paddle along congested canals in sturdy canoes laden with fresh fruit and vegetables to sell to shoppers on the banks.
Kanchanaburi, in Myanmar border,is home to the famous bridge River Kwai,during WWII, Japan constructed the meter-gauge railway line from Ban Pong,Thailand to Thanbyuzayat,Burma,The line passing through the scenic Three Pagodas Pass runs for 250 miles. this is now known as the Death Railway.
Tour Itinerary :
06.45 hrs. - 07.15hrs. : Pick up tourists from hotel in the city area.
08.30hrs. : Visit Coconut farm
09:00 hrs.: Arrive at the boat landing to take a long tail motor boat ( 15 mins) to view way of life of Thai villages and visit the floating market(60min) on of most famous tourist attraction places in Thailand.Tourist coud rent the paddle boat to tour aroung the canal for 30 mins.(optional)
11:30 hrs.: Go to the River Kwai
12:30 hrs.: Thai Lunch at restaurant in the River Kwai ( 60Min)
13:30 hrs.: Visit the cemetery of the war prisoners who lost their lives during the World War II and JEATH Museum ( 60min)
17.30hrs .: Visit Gems Factory where the suvenior are for sale ( 30min)
18.00hrs..: Transfer back to your hotels or drop off major shopping area
- Tour & Meal may changed due to traffic & weather conditions
- Tour service by our local English speaking tour guide
- Wear light and comfortable clothing,e.g.shorts and a t-shirt/tank-top
- Wear comfortable shoes, e.g pair of sneakers or sandals
- Bring a backpack for storing your new-gound treasures.It is recommended
- Always have bottled drinking water handy
- Bring enough cash.Most vendors do not accept credit cards,and it can be a long walk to the next ATM
Pick up/Drop off Service is for hotels located in the following areas only :
Sukhumvit area Soi 1 to 31 (odd) and Soi 2 to 24 (even), Pratunam, Silom, Langsuan, Wireless Road, Sathorn, Surawongse, Siam and MBK.
There is additional charge for Hotel Pick up/Drop off Service in other areas which our reservation staff will inform you upon making reservation (please see Important Note).
Please call Asia Travel Number : +66 2 6797185 or +66 2 6797187 for further information.