After breakfast, proceed to Kanchipuram, famous the numerous temples and silk.
Kanchipuram : Also known as one of Indias Seven Sacred cities. Kanchipuram was, one of Indias seven sacred cities. Kanchipuram was the historical capital of the Pallavas. It was under the Pallavas from 6th to 8th century A.D and later became the citadel of Cholas, Vijayanagar Kings, the Muslim and the British. It has been a centre of Tamil learning, cultural and religious background for centuries. Visit Kalasanathar Temple & Varadaraja Temple. Also visit a silk factory/showroom to understand the rich weaving and different patterns. Kachipuram silk is one of the preferred among the bridal sarees for its durability and grandeur.
Post tour, you shall be driven back to Chennai and transfer to your hotel of stay.
- Air-conditioned chauffeur driven vehicle
- English speaking local guide for the sightseeing tour
- All currency applicable taxes
- The entrance fees, drinks, tips and personal expenses are not included.
- Any new tax levied by the Government at a later stage will be charged extra over the above tour cost
- Varadaraja Temple (Koil) closed between 1200 - 1600 hrs daily and on local holidays.