Tour Attractions / Highlight :
- Oil Palm Plantation (Drive Pass)
- Rubber Plantation (Drive Pass)
- Bukit Melawati (Photo Stop)
- Pasir Penambang (Photo Stop)
- Bukit Belimbing or Kampung Kuantan (Photo Stop)
The mangrove swamps on the riverbank of Kuala Selangor are perfect homes to these amazing insects. Also called the Lighting Bugs, fireflies actually belong to the beetle family Lanpridae. On the underside of their abdomens are special light organs called lanterns that glow in luminous flashes. The male fireflies use this light to attract their mates. When the female sees a males light, she flashes a response. Flashing back and forth, male and female ensure that they are both of the same species before their mating ritual begins. It is this synchronization of the flashes, with their own distinct codes, that have amazed even the scientists.