Visit Thailands unique Floating Market at Damnoensaduak and also see how they make the coconut sugar and take the speed boat along the canal to see Thai rural life and Floating Market with shoppers and vendors plying their wares from tiny boats. Also visit the Bridge over the River Kwai of cinematic fame, the war cemetery of allied soldiers who perished while building the notorious "Death Railway" during captivity in World War II and the War Museum.
Tour Itinerary :
• Pick up from hotel and depart Bangkok for Samut Songkram province.
• Stop at "Tao Tan" a place where palm sugar is made is called "Tao Tan". Sugar palm is a famous quality product of Samut Songkram. When a coconut tree is about 3-4 years old, its spadices are cut so that farmers can collect its sweet sap then they simmer it over a fire until it becomes brown and dry.
• Arrival at Damnoensaduak district to take a long tail boat along the canal to floating market. Damnoensaduak Floating Market, this is the best known destination where the timeless lifestyle of native Thai people can be observed along the canals.
• Visit to Royal Thai Handicraft Village and continue to Kanchanaburi Province.
• Lunch at restaurant
• JEATH War Museum - This enclave in the riverside precincts of Wat Chaichumphon has been constructed largely in the from of allied prisoners of war camp. The name JEATH is derived from Japan, England, America, Thailand and Holland.
• Kanchanaburi War Cemetery - This cemetery contain the remains of 6,982 war prisoners who lost their lives during the Captivity of the Japanese Army that forced them to build the Bridge over the River Kwai and the Death Railway.
• The Bridge over the River Kwai - Internationally famous, the black iron bridge was brought from Java by the Japanese Army and reassembled under Japanese supervision by Allied prisoners of war labor as part of the "Death Railway" linking Thailand with Myanmar.
• At the end of tour will be visit to local product store.
- If your hotel is on Silom/Surawongse Road, the pick up time is around at 07.30 AM.
- Children height above 100 cm., we charge same as adult price. Our reservation will separately advise & charge.
- If your hotel is on Sukhumvit Road, The Emporium Suites Bangkok Hotel is the last stop where we can pick up which will be started from Sukhumvit Soi 1 until The Emporium Suites Bangkok Hotel. For those who live in other area are reserved to wait at The Emporeum Suites Bangkok Hotel.
- Pick up/drop off points are only hotels located in the following areas : Petchburi, Pratunam, Central World, Silom, Langsuan, Wireless Road, Sathorn, Surawongse, Sukhumvit area Soi 1 to 31 (odd) and Soi 2 to 24 (even) and the following BTS station zone (Saphan Taksin, Rachadamri, Saladng, Chong Nonsi, Surasak, Rajthevee, Siam, Chit Lom, Ploenchit, Nana, Asoke, Phrom Phong). There is additional charge for hotel pick up/drop off in other areas which reservation will inform upon making reservation.
Please call Asia Travel Number : +66 2 6797185 or +66 2 6797187 for further information.