Thai Food is internationally famous. Whether chilli-hot or comparatively bland. Harmony is the guiding principle behind each dish. The characteristics of Thai food depend on who cook it for whom or cooked for what occasion and where it is cooked to suit all palates. Originally, Thai cooking reflected the characteristics of vegetables and herbs were major ingredients that very good for health such as garlic, sweet basil, pepper, chillis, lemon grass, spring onion, nutmeg, etc.
Half Day Course 4 Dished Menu :
• Monday, Thursday
1. Hot and sour prawn soup
2. Chicken curry
3. Fried rice with pork and egg
4. Fried fish cakes
• Tuesday, Friday, Sunday
1. Thai pork green curry
2. Stir-fried chicken with cashew nuts
3. Fried noodles Thai style
• Wednesday, Saturday
1. Chicken in coconut milk soup
2. Red curry of chicken/pork
3. Fried chicken with basil leaves
4. Stir fried vegetables
Tour Itinerary :
• 09.00 hrs. / 16.00 hrs. : Pick up at the hotel by an English instructor and being transferred by van to Nong Hoi local market. Spend about 40 minutes joining the group purchasing fresh ingredients (chicken, prawns, herbs & vegetables) for the class as well as learning to know about tropical vegetations which"s quite interesting!
• 09:50 hrs. / 16.50 hrs. : Continue to Baan Hong Hual, situated on Chiangmai "Lam Pang Road", only about 15 minutes away from the market.
• 10.15 hrs. / 17.15 hrs. : Arrive and get briefly introduction of Baan Hong Nual which"s an open kitchen in Lanna Thai style.All students will be then given aprons and headdresses as cooking uniforms.
• 10.30 hrs. / 17.30 hrs. : Wash hands and get yourself ready for the 1st menu. However, before you start cooking first of all you would be introduced about all the kitchen utensils as well as the seasonings normally needed in the Thai cuisine. Secondly, you"ll be shown how to prepare all the ingredients also how to cook. During the class the instructor still teach you intentionally step by step. After the 1st menu is done, you"ll be given a time to taste how delicious is your food.
• 11.00 hrs. / 18.00 hrs. : Continue cooking the 2nd dish that needs about 30 minutes to finishing including preparing, cooking and tasting.
• 11.30 hrs. / 18.30 hrs. : Take a small break for about 15 minutes for some tea, coffee or herbal drinks (complimentary by the school). Or students can spend time to walk around seeing herbal & vegetable plantations as well as different kinds of fruits like Longan, Mango, Rose Apple, Guava, Lychees & Jack Fruit.
• 12.00 hrs. / 19.00 hrs. : Back to the class again for the 3rd and the 4th dishes (normally the Thai Curry & Dessert).
• 12.40 hrs. / 19.40 hrs. : Some steamed rice will be served with curry then follow by a dessert
• 13.00 hrs. / 20.00 hrs. : When the class is over, cook books in English version with color pictures will be given to all students.
• 13.20 hrs. / 20.20 hrs. : Thanks and say bye to each other then transfer back to the hotel.
IMPORTANT NOTE :
- Please be aware that when you book with us, please use the same name that you use when you check- in at your hotel in order to avoid any misunderstanding when our tour staff comes to pick you up at your hotel lobby.
- In case you advise us different name when you book a tour, please call to inform us your room number before your tour date to help us locate you. Failure to advise us your room number may cause you to miss the tour bus (no show). Asiatravel reserves the right not to give you back any refund in case of no show.
Please call Asia Travel Number : +66 2 6797185 or +66 2 6797187 for further information.